Thursday, June 14, 2007

Rain Stops Play and Starts Coming In

Its been chucking it down all day and last night. A few leaks which doesn't surprise me, the breather membrane is ripped in parts and not accurately fitted on some of the tricky parts. I've used a much higher quality variety in the past on my garage roof that was virtually unripable and would have happily paid a bit more for some similar. I would have fitted it myself with much more care and attention but hayho, I'm paying for tradesmen.
Various receptacles have dealt with most (roofer says he'll patch these later from the inside) . Although they weren't on the job today due to weather I had to call them out to sort out one bit. The membrane on part was straight in to the guttering at one point and was pooling, unfortunately at this point there was a hole. The water dripped on to inside of eaves, down the cavity and out around the window frame below. I think it should dry out OK with no damage done. The Roofer came out and sorted it so finger crossed.
I should also mention the point of ingress, the membrane does let water seep through where it is over the rafters. This isn't a problem where the slates are up to the apex even though the ridge isn't on yet but where there are no tiles it does build up and run down and drip randomly.

With more rain due tonight and tomorrow I'm really hoping nothing deteriorates.

No comments:

Post a Comment