Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Loft Conversion Wiring, plumbing and the first floor board

A bit of a cheat counting the first floor board at this stage as I had to fit the wiring and plumbing under the floor first. But it was up there giving me a more stable platform to work off.



The Loft wiring was a simple ring for the sockets the lighting to go in walls later. Just because it would be neater in the long run and it seemed oportune I also wired TV coax to go the 1st floor bedrooms, down into the lounge and into the cellar.

The timeline drifts a bit here but I wasn't taking many photos. I must have done the plumbing for the radiator around this time. This came off the 15mm feed and return under the floor in the girls room (shifting stuff round in their bit to get at the floor is a job in it's self). From there it goes up the lathe and plaster stud wall, only one noggin so I only had to cut a small square out at the bottom of the wall and one in the middle .




It comes up about 300m from the radiator down pipes, so that plan came together quite nicely. After a wet test I took the rad back off. Just realised I must have built the stud wall by this time.





and so I had

Also by that time I'd taken down the airing cupboard, another couple of days covered soot and dust, not just me but the house and its contents.
With it out, the landing really opened up.




The flooring came up the stairs and the ladder then got laid. A bit of a no brain job putting it down apart from the tricky bits round the edge. I used, I think 14 sheets of 2 x 8 x 18mm Wickes best T and G chipboard. 300 screws latter ( I dont want a squeaky floor) it was down and giving me a more relaxing stance to start on the rest of the dividing wall and the insulation.

The wiring down to the cellar fuse board went up the underneath of the stairs wiggled across the landing and up the old stud wall along from where the plumbing went in. Conviently emerging close to where a fuse board for the attic has been fitted. Whilst the opportunity was there I also put in two telephone cables, the coax (I might use for DAB as I've lost radio 4 in the dinning room), and the cable for the downstairs smoke alarm.

6 comments:

  1. Really nice and honest advice! I love it, Absolutely Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Las Vegas Plumber.
    It great to get praise from a Pro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plumbing is very important in the whole process of housekeeping. It ensures the interrupted flow of water both to and from the home. If we can do the plumbing job with ourselves to lessen the expenses is much better. But plumbing is really a tough job. It’s so nice that you’re giving your idea and advice about the method of wiring and plumbing you make. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can ask neighbors and family members to help you in finding a good plumbing service. If you ask a lot of people, you will surely get a recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are various methods used to clean and fix sewers but they often need proper sewer cleaning tools. or better yet hire a good cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems a very difficult task. Thanks for sharing this great post.
    Water Meter Installation

    ReplyDelete